Here is a quick little update with some photos of the boyfriend’s finished Pavi Largo ensemble. We went to a showing of Repo! The Genetic Opera! last Friday and had the opportunity to give the costume a trial run :) While turnout was a little disappointing, I think there is great potential – Repo! fans love Repo!, and seem committed to convert everyone they meet into fellow addicts. Given a bit of time, I suspect it will snowball into something very fun.
Mask and clips were applied with spirit gum and liquid latex. Globbed on liquid latex around the perimeter of the mask (on the exposed skin of his face) to imitate Pavi’s scarred face. Applied foundation to the mask (after sealing it with castor seal), and then painted with eyeshadow, liquid liner and lipstick. Not very fond of the lipstick shade/application or the curve of the brows, but at this point I was quickly running out of time. It would be nice to paint the mask permanently to avoid the stress…
The proper wig didn’t show up on time, so this is just a makeshift solution until we get the real wig. I will admit its not too shabby for something I found the day of, only a few blocks from work, for the cheap. :) You get the idea anyway.
There are a few things to improve upon: the mirror (need to hit up some old junk shops to find something more ornate… and metal…), the wig (which will, in theory, eventually show up) and the shirt/sweater. He was way WAY too warm in the outfit, so I’ll have to devise something closer to the vest/flowered shirt outfit he wears in the film. As for the mask itself – if I were ever to do the face cast again, I’d try to smile a little since the mask is somewhat severe looking. I’m quite certain that if I were having my face peeled off, I probably wouldn’t be smiling, but anyway. :)